RPA will raise a CS HEFER request for Higher Tier CS customers and Mid Tier CS customers who have requested an application pack by telephone.

All Mid Tier online customers need to a request a CS HEFER from the self service HEFER portal.  


Please direct all general Countryside Stewardship queries to ruralpayments@defra.gov.uk Telephone 03000 200 301 (Opening times: 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday).

If you have a Natural England adviser please contact them for Higher Tier application and agreement queries.

Association of Local Government Archaeological Officers (ALGAO) members should send any queries for HER support on the Contact page.

Historic England & Natural England advisers should address any issues to the relevant help address on the Contact page.

This website no longer supports Internet Explorer 11, so for the best experience please use Edge, Chrome or Firefox. 

Last Modified: Dec 13, 2023